Add beauty by planting a tree:
- In memory of a loved one
- In your yard
- In your home
- In an abandoned lot
Planting a tree can be an uplifting experience, plus it beautifies and helps the environment.
With the holiday season fast approaching, why not consider giving a live plant or tree?
For those who lost a tree by Hurricane Irma, may welcome receiving a dwarf citrus tree as a gift.
https://www.arborday.org/ The Arbor Day Foundation provides a great way to donate a tree!
Over the years, I have donated trees, bees and small animals to help those less fortunate through Heifer.org.
How to not break the bank with gift giving:
- Set a total amount you want to spend for ALL your gifts.
- Shop at thrift stores for gifts.
- Pass along family heirlooms.
- Choose NOT to attend all holiday parties.
How to remember gratitude EVERY day:
- Say the blessing either silent or aloud at meals.
- Give thanks for your MANY blessings as they arise.
- That we live in a FREE country!
- All the large and small challenges you have over come.
- The EMERGENCY fund you add to daily.
The Grateful Life; The Secret to Happiness and the Science of Contentment http://amzn.to/2hAjbU0 by Nina Lesowitz is a good starting point for those who want to stop being totally self centered.
The Art of Creative Living: Making Every Day a Radiant Masterpiece http://amzn.to/2iXRuB5 by Thomas Kinkade is truly one of my favorite go to books. He does a great job tying together improving your life with words and his art. There was only one copy left when I checked!
The wonderful thing about books is that they take you away and then bring you back home–with another view of life. They are affordable, come in many formats and you can take them anywhere!
Quote by Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks for dropping by. Kathleen